Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: Gary Bennet Music

This guitar sounds very good. It has a very nice clean sound, and when hooked up to an amp with a pedal (I use a Ibanez Weeping Demon for wah and Danelectro Fab Metal Distorion) this guitar can really pack a punch, even for metal/punk. This guitar is a very good Mexican made instrument, if it haven't said so on the neck, I would have presumed it was an American made.

This isn't my guitar, but I have played it and the guitarist in my band uses it every gig. We play classic rock, rock, and punk and this guitar is a perfect match. This guitar definately surpasses any of the others I have played including Squier, Ibanez, Epiphone, and Yamaha. The best thing about this guitar is that it's so easy to play! Everything is set up perfect on it and it sounds wonderful. Maybe a humbucker would have been a nice change for the heavier songs instead on 3 single coils and 2 which are in close to the same position. But the bridge pickup gets a good solid rock tone and sound from it. Great guitar overall.

It hasn't died on my bands guitarist ever, no problems with anything. None of the hardware has or will ever fall off by the looks of it now. Definately usable without a backup. Our guitarist has even fallen off stage with this guitar and just stood back up and began to play while in the crowd. It did suffer a small dent on the bottom of the body but other than that, it's perfect!

This guitar was set up perfectly out of the shop. The action was fairly low and very easy to play on the neck. Pickups were excellent and everything was fastened tightly and solid. No complaints what so ever here.