Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

I like playing the blues and some classical rock, but this guitar will play almost anything. It's incredibly versatile. I still use the same amp is came with, which is a Fender Squier 15. I also use a DigiTech RP400A effects pedal. And it can scream. The only problem is sometimes you can't control the feed back, but I'm pretty sure that's because my amp cause it's falling apart, but still sounds pretty amazing.

If I could add anything to this guitar, it'd be that missing whammy bar. If could exchange this guitar for any other one, even a newer model or a Les Paul, I'd keep it. I'm definately attatched to it. My favorite part is the neck, it's lightning fast. Definately a keeper.

This guitar will withstand WWIII. I'm not kidding. I've dropped this guitar everywhere. I run into it everyday at night. I've even fell asleep on it a couple of times. The finish still hasn't worn off, despite all the coke that gets spilled on it. I'd probably take it to a gig with out a back up. The only thing is that I'm pretty sure the neck is going to completely fall off within the next five years, because I do not have a stand, so I just leave it lying next to my bed (which sucks cause if you wake up in the middle of the night, you think theres an arm coming up from under your bed), there are cracks coming down from the neck to the body. They aren't deep, it's probably just the finish cracking.

The action wasn't too high or low, but I'd rather it have been a bit lower. The pickups were just fine, I've never layed a finger on them. Except for the screw in the bottom of the guitar that keeps coming out (which we just replace with a bigger one that would hold), I haven't had any technical or set-up problems.

My Strat was made in 1989 in Korea. It's got a 5-way selector, 2 tone knobs, and one volume knob. I've had for pretty much before I even existed. It's got 21 frets and the neck isn't too thick or thin, it's just right. When we first got it, or when my dad got it, it came with a small practice amp, a gig bag, a 16 ft cable, and some picks. If it came with a whammy, we probably lost it somewhere along the line. Even the strings it came with were pretty great, I mean we only changed them once in 18 years, and that was about five months ago.