Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

I play mostly classic rock, hard rock and a bit of metal and this guitar suits me perfectly. The amp I used when I bought it was a Fender Twin Reverb but when I use it through a Fender Frontman 15G or a Yamaha B212 and even through a shitty pracice amp(the Fender frontamn) and through a hundred watt(the Yamaha) this guitar delivers.The effects I used were the jimi hendrix wah, Boss M-D2 distortion and a stereo chorus and it was amazing. This guitar has a whole wide range of sounds-the neck pickup is pretty beefy for a single coil that isnt a P-90 and its good, the bridge pickup is really bright and has tons of twang and the middle pickup's sound is inbetween the neck and bridge pickups sound. When two pickups are active at the same time though it sounds like it looses some of its tone so I dont really use the neck/middle or middle/bridge pickup settings.

My overall impression of this guitar is that it's a great guitar for its price and it matches my style of playing pretty well. I've been playing for about 3 years and I love this guitar. I also own a # other guitars: a Gibson SG, a Gibson Les Paul Junior and a Jackson JS30 Dinky but I only use the SG and the Strat out of the three. There isnt anything I would change on this guitar unless it broke casue it really is an amazing instrument for the price. If this guitar was stolen I'd hunt down whoever stole it and beat them with a lead pipe untill they gave it back and if it were lost id definitly buy a new one but maybe in tobaaco busrt (but it costs an extra $50 for that finish) but I love this thing in white.

I haven't played this guitar live, but when I play I move around a lot so it's like I'm playing live and it seems to be able to withstand it. The hardware seems just as durable as everything else on this guitar. The strap buttons seem like they will last forever. This is one depedable axe and I would play a gig without a backup for sure. The finish on this guitar looks like it will last cause it was pilled on.

The guitar seems to be setup pretty good at the factory and it only needed a little adjusting with the tunings.The pickups were adjusted just fine. The only things that is a bit of a nusance is that when you change the guage of strings to a heavier one the bridge lifts and the stings are higher off the neck. There was only one thing I needed to adjust on the guitar and that was that one of the screws on the pickup selector was loose so I had to tighten it but htat was it.

This Stratocaster was made in 2006 and on the back of the headstock it has a little emblem stating that it's a 60th Anniversary guitar but I think all the guitars that Fender is making in 2006 have these. This guitar was made in mexico but I don't see that as a problem becausae this baby is so sweet. 21 frets, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard and alder body. The guitar is artic white with trasparent finish and it's extreamly durable. I got the guitar with a Vintage style synchronized tremolo which I prefer for the stlye of music I play. The pickups on this axe are great, I use tons of distortion when I'm playing leads and there is absolutly no feedback unless I go right up to the amp and stick the guitar infront of it (for the hendrix foxy lady flavour) but you would get that from any guitar with that much distortion. The pickups configuration is S/S/S and are 3 standard single-coil Strat pickups (ceramic magnets). The tuners are fender/ping standard cast/sealed tuning machines which I think are just the basic tuners for strats. It came with a Fender gig bag and its good considering the guitar is so durable and there was some alan keys to use if you wanted to do adjusting on your own.