Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: guitar center

I play mostly punk rock, classic, pop, and some post hardcore and seems to suit my style but I had to buy a Boss DS-1 Distortion to get the sound I wanted. I use a Fender Bassman 25R amp, and when I set the amp controls to the setting I like it sounds great. It's bright sounding but it puts back a lot of feedback on some amps. Finger bending on this guitar is simple and you can play chords really easy.

For the kind of style I play, I'd much prefer a Gibson SG, but the Strat works fine and its alright. I've been playing for 2 years, and I own a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, Fender Bassman 25R, some really old Crate amp that was given to me, and a Yamaha RG. I love everything about it, but I really wish the strap buttons and bridge was fixed better. I love the 5-way selector cause you can really tell the difference in the sound. Well when I first bought it, I loved Strat style bodies, but now I love the SG body and now I compare this to the SG, and I wouldve much bought the SG.

This guitar can withstand live playing, the hardware seems to last, I'm just worried about the brdige 'cause it's lifting. The strap buttons were tight at first, but now theyre loose and I wouldnt dare to do any flipping with it. I can depend on it and I think it would last a long time, but I wish the strap buttons and bridge were fixed.

The action was set perfet. It was low without any fret buzzing. The pickups were installed fine, no bridge or neck damage. The only flaw I didnt like was that the bridge was lifting a little bit and now its lifted a lot sort of and the strap buttons were loose but other than that it's great.

This is a 2004 Stratocaster made in Mexico. It has 21 frets on a maple neck. The body is alder with 2 cutaways. 5-way selector, 1 humbucker, 2 single coil pickups, 1 volume knob, and one tone knob.