Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I'm currently using my Strat with a 60W Guitar Research amp. It really sounds great on all setting and should primarily be used with little gain to moderate or high-mid gain. It sounds great for the musical styles I've tried on it, ex: punk, ska, clean, rock-pop, anything that isn't really hardcore. I do play a lot more hardcore punk stuff that this guitar is not built for. However, for warm/clean/rock/ and softcore punk, this is a beautiful sounding guitar with great highs and mid's and decent lows.

I play a lot of hardcore punk, Oi! music, and mosh music and Iit has came through for me in some areas but I'm still missing a lot of that overdriven sound that this guitar can't produce to meet high expectations. If it were lost and I earned enough money for another one I would mildly look around a bit just to make sure I can't find anything more suiting for the same price and if not I would re-buy it. Overall, and music style from clean to mild distortion is great for this guitar.

I've played a few gigs and recorded with this guitar countless time and I can alway rely on it to work properly. It's built for great durability. After time that input does get loose, atleast on Strat I've seen that's been owned for over a year. Now, I haven't really dropped it yet but the occasional fumbling and small advancement to the ground has shown me that it isn't going to break it I drop it a few inches from the ground, plus it hasn't chipped or anything. Overall this guitar has a substantial durability.

This guitar was ready to be played right out of the box even with the factory strings which last longer than I had expected. The pickups do not have any other replacemnts other than new Fender factory Strat Pickups which is what it comes with, so the pickups are top of the line for this guitar since its the only availible pickup. Everything on the guitar was crafted pertfectly and the bridge was set in with great Precision. I've had it for only a year and a half but but the only problem I've had with it so far is the input came a little loose so now it makes a almost unnoticable ticking sound which can be fixed.