Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: Bizzarre Guitar

I play a lot of cleans (reggae, RHCP types, alternative, chill and jam). It fits it perfectly and is an extremely versitile guitar. I play it acousticly as well as plugged in and never get tired of the sound. I am amazed every time I play it. I am using it with a Fender Cyber Twin amp, which is also extremely versitile. It doesn't seem too noisy except for the typical single coil noise and has a very bright sound. With the synth pick up hooked up to a synthesizer you can achieve the sound of any instrument by playing the notes on the guitar.

I think this is a perfect match for my style of music (reggae, rhcp like, chill and jam). I have been playing for about 3 to 4 years and I love this guitar. I might want to have an American Strat in the future just for the sake of having the American name, but this guitar plays just as nice as an American made Strat. If it were stolen or lost I would be very upset and I would definetley buy another one or an American one. I love the ease of play and the great clean sounds that come out of it. I also think the white finish is beautiful. You can't beat a Fender Strat.

I believe that this guitar can stand Live playing. I jam a lot with friends, and play the guitar every single day on my own for hours. I upgraded the strap buttons to strap locks just for further security. Fenders are known for durability, and the finish is very strong. I feel that I can totally depend on it, but I might bring my other guitar as a back up just if a string were to break. You don't want to be up there changing strings while your band is waiting. The finish is amazing and I don't think it would come off very easily unless it was intentional.

Well the guitar has a bit of fret buzz on the low E string, but I haven't gotten that set up yet (got the guitar for christmas so have had it for about a month). But other than that, the action was perfect and nice and low for ease of play. The pickup height was great and it sounds great. There are no flaws at all. The plastic was a pain to get off though.

This guitar was made in Mexico and is the Roland Ready edition with the G2-K synthesizer pickup, as well as three single coils. It has a rosewood fingerboard with a maple neck and a beautiful finish. It is Strat style (obviously) and has 5-way selector with controls for the synth pickup as well as the single coils. Came with a gig bag, but I opted an extra $100 for a hard case. I had an Epiphone SG G100 before this, so this was quite an upgrade.