Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

My style is punk-rock/hardrock. For heavy music this guitar is by no means a bad guitar. It's just not as "heavy" sounding of a guitar as some other guitars out there. It is perfect for clean intro's or melodic solo's. Power chords are also great with this guitar due to the smooth neck. If you love to play punk-rock this a great all around guitar to start with. However if you are more hardrock/hardcore, you might wish to find a more "heavy" sounding guitar. Then again a pick-up change will also help (I recomend Emg's).

This is great for anystle of music (except death metal). It can get by in any stlye but is great for melodic, artistic playing. It is great for punk rock and blues. I've been playing guitar for 5 years now. I have a Gibson SG Standard (black with Emg's). I must say the Fender plays a lot easier but isn't as "heavy" sounding. The Strat is great for playing fast, so if your a shredder you will love it. For the price you can't go wrong, I mean by no means at all is it a bad guitar. In my oppinion for the money you can't beat it. It is an amazing guitar and with a few tweaks here and there it's a dream machine.

This guitar is perfect for Live playing. It is very light and will not go out of tune easily. The harware will honostly in my oppinion last forever. The only thing that won't is the nut. The strap bottuns are extremly solid making it great for guitar spins and jumping around. But I highly, strongly recomend stap-locks.

This guitar has superb action. The strings bend with extreme, effortless, ease. The only problem is sometimes the nut will loosen and, in my case, break off. The pick-ups are decent but I must say they are by no means noiseless. They give off a "hum" noise if the pickup Switch is on the bridge pick-up. The only solution I found to this "hum" was a noise surpressor.The bridge of this guitar is really great. My guitar very rarely goes out of tune and I put it threw hard use. The bridge sometimes needs adjustments here and there, especialy if you are signficantly changing string gauges.