Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: The Guitar Emporium - Belfast

I must stress this! 3 single coils may not be everybody's ideal set up. I'm a complete Metalhead so obviously not for me. But Fender guitars are excellent for modifiying. I got the guitar second-hand an it came with a Seymour Duncan hotrail in the bridge and a DiMarzio in the neck and it sounds better than any of my so-called metal guitars. So the wood is obviously great, jus put in your own pickups, you could save money too. I have another unmodified one however and if you want the best blues an country tones available this is the guitar for you straight away! You get some amazing clean and dirty, gritty sounds!

Out of a collection of 8 or 9 guitars ranging for B.C. Rich's, Dean's an Cort's, this guitar is the finest. The most solid guitar I have ever bought. Japanese Fenders are great guitars and are a real bargain. Don't be put off cus it's not american, it's still an amazing guitar. The three single coils may put of those of us into heavier music, but like I said get your own pickup configuration added an not only do you get a perfect sounding guitar but an amazingly comfortable and easy to play guitar. If you like blues though then this will give you some really amazing dirty and clean sounds. Overall I love this guitar! Great to customize and a solid built guitar that won't let you down.

Fender guitars will take a lot of abuse! This guitar never lets me down. Solid build, finish is excellent, neck joint and trust rod amazing! I keep my tremolo locked down solid and I never ever have problems with this guitar. You won't need a back up guitar, it holds it's tuning really well!

Guitar was great when I got it, played like a dream, an with almost no tweaking at all still smooth. Beautiful Neck! The guitar was second hand so ther was some slight paint damage but since then none at all, the finish is solid. I've never had any problems with it, it's getting a little older so the whit finish is starting to fade and go a creamy colour but hey, Vintage look and all.

My Model is a Japanese Fender, white body and scratchplate, chrome hardware and a rosewood fretboard. It's basically a Fender Strat, what more can I say. Classic three single coil setup, 1 volume, 2 tone, 5 way selector, Fender machineheads. Japanese Fenders definitley kick mexican Fenders ass, but maybe aren't as good as the Americans.