Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: Kays music

Strats generally do pretty well at any style (apart from super heavey stuff) so it suits thr classic rock and blues that I play really well. It only gets noisy when you play really distorted, I mean gain up to 10 kinda distortion, but if you wanted something that can handle high gain get a guitar with humbuckers.

This is my perfect guitar, and I know I'll be playing strats forever because of it. I payed more than I should have done for it, but it came with locking tuners, and the guy at the shop said it had the best neck he had ever seen on a Strat. I tried this against an american Strat, and mine just felt better made. There was also a Hank Marvin signature Strat, which looked kinda cool in fiesta red (basically Orange), but I didn't try that because it said Hank Marvin on it, and I wanted something a bit cooler (no offence to Hank Marvin/ Hank Marvin fans). The thing I love about it is probably the neck, which is better than your average american Strat's nevermind Standard. The finish is also great to, because no-one else has one the same (that I've seen). The thing I hate is that someone else had it before me, but that also good as it means I'm not afraid to breathe on it as it has some wear and tear. If it were lost or stolen I have no idea what I'd do. I'd probably by an american Strat, because other standards don't come close and it gives american built ones a run for their money. I only wanted a Strat Jimi and Clapton played them (and Pete Townshend) but I never realised how good they were. I have an Epiphone SG as well and this wipes the floor with it. For the moment at least, I'm on the Fender side of the Gibson V Fender argument.

This will probably last forever as the scratches on it ar just in the finish where someones belt etc has whacked it. The hardware will definately last, although I might get a new whammy bar because of the rust, but it's not vital. The strap buttons are solid- big enough to hold the strap and they're screwed well into the body. The only problems with it are because of bad care towards the metalwork, but the guys at the guitar shop did a great job fixing it.

It was perfect when I bought it, apart from some scratches in the finish, but as it's secondhand you'd expect that. The top of the whammy bar by the plasticy bit is a bit rusty, where the git Who owned it before me put his sweaty paws, and on the first fret there is a notch cut into the fretwire behind the G string, and some scratches on the fretwire of the B string, but I have no idea what could have done this, it's probably from the guitars previous owner. The finish is quite rare I think, as Fender don't make them in gold anymore, probably because no-one bought them. the colour takes a bit of getting used to, but it's really individual I think, when you look at all the sunburst and black ones out there.

My Strat is a secondhand 2004 mexican made Standard. It has 21 frets, and a freakin' awesome maple neck and fretboard. it's a typical Strat, string-synchronized tremolo Standard body shape etc. it has 2 tone and one volume control S/S/S Standard Fender pickups and a 5-way switch. Mine came with kluson deluxe tuners so it never goes out of tune. It didn't come with any accesories apart from gig bag to move it in.