Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: Sam Ash

This guitar perfectly suits my musical style because I listen a lot to Red Hot Chili Peppers, and John Frusciante (Who is their guitarist) plays with Strat (and sometimes teles). It just sounds phenomenal with my Marshall Valvestate 8080, nice clean noise and if I Switch to overdrive it sounds a whole lot like on the albums. It can be noisy if I want to, but I don't play on full "strenght". The guitar can make guitar noises, I don't really know how to explain this.

Jus't like I said before, this guitar will perfectly suit my musical style, so it's defenitly a good match. I've been playing now for like 1.5 year or so. Nah, don't wanted to ask anything, only maybe if I could get more of them for the same price. If it was stolen I don't know, this is like the first guitar in the Fender line. So if it was stolen maybe I'll just go for a better guitar like a American Standard if I have the cash for it. If I don't I will seriously take this one again. I compared it to my other guitars, an Epiphone S310 and a Fender Squier Affinity. The sound from the Strat is so much better, I love it. Nope, it's got all I want.

Yes, this guitar will surely whitstand Live playing, altough I'm not in a band (yet) I'm sure I will play Live with it someday. The hardware seems of a good quality, I don't think it is broken very fast, I think it will last for quite some time. The strap buttons are fine, no problems with that. I think I can depend on it, I will use in on a gig without having to think about it, it will make a good combi with my Marshall Valvestate 8080. Don't think the finish will go off that fast, read some pretty good reviews here.

There was nothing wrong with the guitar when I got it, it was in perfect shape and I couldn't see any damage or faults from the factory. The pickups were adjusted perfectly in my opinion, I wouldn't change anything about it. The guitar was assembled perfectly and the top was properly bookmatched, the bridge properly routed in my opinion. No flaws and all.

The Strat is orginally crafted in Mexico in 2006, with 22 jumbo frets and a Rosewood fingerboard. It has a solid Ash body, and it is doesn't weight that much. The finish is just transparant. The body is in Strat style, quite obvious because it is a Stratocaster. The bridge is normal, a Tune-O-Matic. The guitar is equiped wich 2 tone and 1 volume thingy and a 5-way selector. The guitar came with a gig bag and a tremolo.