Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: imuso.com

Sound: It sounds good with nearly all styles and Variety of tones. unfortunatly my amp is rubbish as is my effects pedal so I need to get new ones. My amp is rubbish so it sounds awful in the high notes. But if I had a better one (As I've already tried out) it would be a lot better.

Overall Impression: I play mostly rock/blues. I have been playing for two years and had this guitar for six months, since then I feel it has made me a lot better on the guitar. This guitar is a great guitar as you can do just about anything on it. I wish it had some Seymour Duncan's Hot Stack Stk-s2 for the neck position.

Reliability & Durability: I've only played Live once with it and it was one song but it was great. I would take it without a backup but it would depend on the quality of the strings. The finish seems as it will last, but i have to keep an eye on the fretboard. The black colour makes Fingerprints, smoges and scratches more apparant.

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came to me absolutely perfect, not a scratch or anything wrong, everything was where it was supposed to be. The only thing was that after a couple of weeks of having the guitar the bottom screw on the pickup selector came lose and that was the only thing.

Features: It was made in mexico, is a gloss black, maple neck and maple fingerboard. The body is alder. All the normal features of a Strat. It 21 frets. Volume two tone (neck and middle) and a 5-way selector. a gig bag was included. Passive electronics.