Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

I've read reviews here people are bitching that you can't play metal with one of these. Tall Dave Murray or Yngvie Malmsteen or Ritchie Blackmore for that matter. This is the most versatile guitar ever made and if you cannot use it properly, them you need to spend more time learning how to play. This guitar is adept for any kind of music no matter what style. Thsi is the Standard by which all others are judged as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't be seen playing anything else.

I have been playing now for over 36 years and my music is a mix of classic rock and 80's hair metal. If this were stolen or damaged, you bet your ass I would go out and get another one. This is my all time favorite guitar and as I stated, I do intend to get another one to add to my arsenal of six string Fender weaponry. I couldn't see myself playing anything else. the Fender Strat is the ultimate rock n'roll machine!

I have owned this for close to 2 years now and have used this at many shows as the only guitar and have not needed a backup guitar at all. Matter of fact, in the near future, I do intend on getting another one preferably in the Artic White finish.This si a well made quality instrument that will withstand the test of time providing that you take care of it, which shouldn't be a problem for me seeing as I baby all of my equipment. I'm not rich, so I do believe intaking very special care of what you have. My hat is off to Fender for upgrading a great guitar and keeping it at a very affordable price for thoswe of us on a low budget.

Mine was a display model so I had to make a few adjustments, plus as I stated above, I also did a few modifications to it also. The Standard bridge saddles that come with this are not the best and tend to get wobbly, hence the need for Graph-Tech saddles which helped to improve tuning stability and increase the tone. The pups were adjusted just fine without any need to modify them at all, while the only other thing I really needed to do was a slight intonation check and truss rod adjustment. Other than that and the mods that I mentioned, I'm sure that this would've been just fine coming right out of the box.

Mine is a 2006 MIM Standard with a beautiful Sunburst finish and a rosewood fretboard. The body is made of Alder and I believe that since 2006, the bodies and necks for the MIM standards are made in the USA, while the guitars as a whole are assembled in Mexico. Mine has the Vintage style bridge with a 5 way pup Switch and 3 single coil pups.I've since changed the pickguard to that of a White pearloid and installed Graph-Tech Bridge Saddles and Fender Locking Tuners. Mine also came with a heavy duty Fender gig bag which I've also gotten rid of and have since switched over to a hard shell case.