Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

The sound is amazing. I am using it with a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt amplifier. It sounds the best on the insane setting, which I use for rock like Metallica, etc. It also sounds good on clean, which is good for smooth songs like Sweet Home Alabama. Occasionally the pickups add a little unwanted hum though so that gets annoying.

Overall a very finely crafted guitar. I usually play rock and metal, and this guitar suits it perfectly. If it were stolen/lost, I would definitely get the same guitar. The only thing that I don't like is that I wish that it had a humbucker at the bridge instead of a single-coil. I think that it's quality is a little lower then a Les Paul or Gibson, but overall a very nice guitar.

This guitar definitely can withstand Live playing. The hardware is very good. I feel that the strap buttons on my guitar could be a little bit more solid, but that's my preferences. The finish is really good but the finish on the pickguard is starting to peel, as I just said. I would definitely use it at a gig withough a backup.

The guitar was set up very well at the factory. The action is really good. The pickups are at just the right hight. The only complaint I have about it is the finish on the pickguard is starting to peel off. I don't know if it was a defect or just my playing.

An overall very nice guitar. It has 21 frets. It has a 5-way pickup selecter and 3 single-coil pickups. It comes with a gig bag and tools. The tuners are standared Fender I believe. It tends to go out of tune, so I basically have to tune it every time I use it, otherwise it sounds terrible.