Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: Elderly Instruments

Perfect for the music I play, which is punk, classic rock, blues, garage and Indie bands, ska, and a little new wave. I use just a Line 6 Spider III 15W amp, just for practice when I'm hanging with friends, with mostly echo and reverb effects. It is plenty loud and doesn't take much power to blow the whole house up. With the proper settings on the tone dials, the guitar sounds phenomenal, although I'd rather have a tube amp like Fender VibroChamp XD or Epiphones Valve.

I like playing classic rock, older punk, ska, reggae, post punk, some Indie and garage rock thrown in their too. I'm self taught and have religiously played about 1-2 hours a night for 7 months. I have a beginner Fender acoustic, which plays great. If it was stolen, I would have no problem buying this same model again. I don't really hate it at all, I love playing on 4th and 5th position on the 5 position switch, and just the way it feels when I play it, my amp really gives what I play that raw punky sound that I like but can still switch it back to sound however I like it. Great deal on a great guitar.

It would absolutely hold up at a gig, all hardware it fine, and strap buttons are good. I would definitely use this without a back up. I don't see why I couldn't depend on it, it sounds great, and even if I accidently hit it on the wall or drop it, it still sounds good, with no scratches and cleans up real easy.

To my knowledge everything was fine just the way it came from the factory, no flaws or else I would've already sent it back. The action is flawless and is a perfect work of engineer and looks quite nice with the classic Strat body. No complaints. It was brand new, so I haven't found any flaws.

2009 Fender Standard Stratocaster LH made in Mexico. Maple neck and fretboard with 21 medium jumbo frets. Body made of alder, transparent finish. Obviously a Strat, double cutaway style. Standard tremolo bridge with 3 knobs (1 master, 2 tone) Came with a gig bag, tremolo bar and 2 wrenches. I personally like it better than the SG just because I like maple fretboards, compared to rosewood.