Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: Music and Arts

I play all kinds of music: blues, rock, hard rock, metal, reggae, jazz, classic rock, Acoustic clean stuff, and rock & roll, and this guitar supplies averything except metal and hard rock simply because the pickups don't have enough bass. I use a Peavy Vypyr which gives me all the tones and sounds I want to get for all the styles I like. It isnt noisy for me unless I turn my amp's distortion all the way. I play in my basement so I guess theres not much interferences. These pickups are very bright but not to bright and the neck pickup is VERY FULL and TONEFUL. I love it for Jimi Hendrix. The middle pickup gives a clean sound good for jazz or other stuff. The bridge pickup gives a very twangy honky tonk sound that would be good for country and blues. Overall, this guitar is everything but metal.

This is a great match for the style of music I play except not being able to play metal. BUT you could always swap out a pickup for a good humbucker. I am an intermediate guitar player but I don't own much gear except for my Peavey Vypyr, Schecter, some First Act guitar(don't laugh), some pedals and other little practice amps I use to use. I love everything from this guitar except my guitar got out of tune. My favorite feature would have to be the neck pickup. I can't compare it to anything else because my other guitars have humbuckers but other than that it is very playable. If someone stole it I would buy another one without thinking. If anything I wish it had lower action because I'm used to my Schecter.

This guitar with DEFINITELY withstand anything. It is literally hard as rock. The hardware with also last a while. Strap buttons are safe as long as you have a decent strap. I could bring only this guitar to a gig and I would be fine, wouldn't have to worry about anything. But I always carry an extra pair of strings just in case I get in to it. The finish is nice and will last decades and the best part I don't see fingerprints on it like my black guitar.

I wouldn't know of the action from the factory but I know when I played this guitar in the store the neck had too much relief but that was an EASY fix. The pickups were basically set to Standard but I like my pickup height a certain way so I changed it. I checked under the pickguard to find everything wired nice and neat. When I was playing my hands got caught up in the fret wire a tiny bit but nothing like cutting. There were no other flaws I found, and believe me I checked. I didn't pay $400 for a bad guitar.

This Strat was made in 2010 in Mexico. It has a 21 fret 25.5" scale with the Vintage medium jumbo frets. It has an alder body with a maple neck, finished in tinted satin urethane, and a rosewood fingerboard. The finish on the body is a polyester 3-tone sunburst. Obviously a Strat style body with a string-thru body and Vintage style synchronized tremolo. It has 3 single coil passive ceramic pickups found on many stock guitars with a 5-way selector switch, 1 volume control for all pickups, 1 tone control for the neck pickup, and 1 tone control for the middle pickup. The tuners are normal non-locking stock Fender tuners. My guitar came with the gig bag, instruction manual, and the 2 wrenches to adjust the truss rod and bridge saddles.