Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: Local music store

I play many kind of music, such as rock, metal, and sometimes blues. I think this blackie is (almost) perfect for all of these, except metal. The stock PUps can give me the varieties of sound from the bright, bell tones into the deep bassy sound, however as I got the rosewood neck mine has more bass sound. You can swap from the RHCP, Led Zeppelin and even into Slash fuzzy tones (with some effects, obviously). However, the PUps doesn't sound too noisy when I give a load of distortion, especially for metal. I play through this Strat to my pedalboard (Boss DS2 & SD1, Dunlop Crybaby Original, EHX Nano Clone) into my standart practice 15 watt amp (minding for a new one, duh) and it suits well. In my personal opinion, this guitar is versatile enough, even though I'm minding for the PU's upgrade.

As I said above, I play mainly rock, metal, and blues. This is an awesome guitar to cover em' all. I've been playing for 1, 5 years, and this is my 3rd guitar. I have a Squier Strat and a Epiphone Les Paul (sadly, the neck is broken, duh!). If this sweetie is stolen, I'd hunt the thief and get this Strat back (nevermind 'bout the thief, at least I got this one). My only disappointment is the tuning stability, and the hardware resistance. Overall, I'm satisfied with this guitar for a price!

This guitar almost stand like a stone. I dropped it about one, two, nah forget it, I forgot how much I dropped it. But this baby doesn't even got a crack in the body. The hardware, however, seemed to be easy to be stained (my bridge saddle does). The strap buttons are solid enough, even though I'm minding to buy a straplock. I might use this as my main guitar, along with my Squier Strat.

Mine was a second-hand one, so it doesn't come as perfect as I wished. However, the action is low enough, the PU's range to the strings is balanced, and no fret buzz at all. But my only disappointment is the tremolo bridge. Every time I dive bomb it, the strings are out of tune. I dunno does this issue is happening to the others, or it's just me because of the used condition (which is sad but true, LOL). I'm rating this only seven because of the tremolo, the rest is awesome.

I bought this Strat in a second-hand condition, and my Strat was made in Mexico, alder body, 21 frets, 3 single coil PUps, and bolt-on neck. Mine has the black finish and rosewood neck. It comes with gigbag, cable, handle, and allen wrench.