Standard Stratocaster HSS review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster HSS

I play everything. I play blues, the full spectrum of rock from surf to hard, and dabble in jazz, funk, and classical. It's an extremely versatile guitar, I can get great tones from the HB, then neck pick up is awesome. I never really use the mid, but it sounds nice as well. I can get a surprisingly nice acoustic-like tone in the mid/bridge position. My rig is pretty complicated. Not techniqully, but I have a lot of effects. I run it through a Twin Reverb (Fender+Fender is orgasmic), with a Chorus Ensamble, Phase 100, Screamin Blues, Super OD, Blues Driver, Distortion, Mega Distortion, Dynamic Wah, OCD Octave, and Big Muff. The pedals color my tone slightly, but not much. It's a great sounding guitar.

As said before, I am a very varried musician Who needed a very versatile guitar. I got what I asked for. I've been playing for about 2 and a half years now and own 7 or 8 guitars. In my house between my dad, brother, and I, there are about 15-20 guitars/basses. So I've been brought up on a lot of different instruments. This is deffinately my favorite. I deliberated long and hard before getting this between about 15 guitars. I narrowed it down to an Epi LP, this, a SSS Strat, or a Mustang. When I went to GC, they didn't have the Mustang anymore, and I liked this more than the SSS, so I was stuck between the Epi LP and the HSS for about a half hour. I finally decided on this. I'm glad I did. Not only is this a great guitar, but now I know about Agiles and am getting an Agile LP instead soon.

It is my top guitar. It definately withstands Live playing. It seems like a solid guitar. The strap buttons are great. I've jumped around with it and nothings wrong. I've yet to get straplocks, but I don't know if I'll need them. I could deffinately play this without a backup, but I won't simply becuase I need other guitars for specific songs. It could deffinately be my all around guitar though.

I kept this guitar stock everything. It really wasn't as bad as I thought. I was planning on exchanging pups and tuners, but this is an extremely solid guitar. Everything was set up coreectly, action perfect to my liking. The guy at GC made sure everything was great with it.

Mines a Mexican made HSS Strat. 21 frets, Fenders signature neck, rosewood... I got a sunburst Strat. It's got the stock bridge, I took out the trem bar because I never use it. It has 1 Volume, 2 Tone, and a 5 way Pup Switch. It's an HSS config of course, with stock pups. I've never felt the need to change them, they're very nice. The guitar as a whole is very solid, I've never felt the need to exchange any hardware yet. It still holds great tune and everything so no new tuners needed. I kept the stock strings for a while Fender Super Bullets. They were very nice until the high E broke. Instead of replacing them with Super Bullets I put in D'addrio .10s which are my original strings of choice on all guitars until I got this one with SB. I'm trying to think of at least one downside, but I literally can't. I don't know if I got lucky or theyr'e all like this, but this is a great guitar. I got a Roadrunner hardshell case and strap bargained in with it along with the 30 doller price cut thanks to my sales guy at GC.