Standard Stratocaster HSS review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster HSS

Purchased from: Private Seller

I play mostly blues and rock music. Perfect for that genre. Strats can fit into almost anything in my opinion. It sounds like a Stratocaster which is what I wanted. Humbucking pickup sounds great..like it should. Single coil pickups could sound better in my opinion.

It's a good match for me. The Stratocaster is the ideal guitar for me. I like the way they feel. I played quite a few guitars over the last couple years trying to find what fits me best, and the Stratocaster is it. Absolutely hated any Gibson I played. This one has its flaws, but I expected some flaws on a made in mexico strat. Only guitar I think I would want over a Strat is a thinline telecaster..but I didn't feel like dropping $1000 on a guitar at this point in my life. This was an excellent deal in my mind. Very good sounding guitar for the money.

Electronics and hardware seems sturdy. It stays in tune. It's my main guitar. Other than the fit/finish issues it's a very nice guitar..

Action was good from the factory. My issue is with the bridge. One of the pieces was stripped out from the factory. By clamping it down with some plyers after taking it out, the screw had something to grab onto and I could adjust the bridge for intonation purposes. Not something that should happen on a brand new guitar. Also, the plastic piece on the back of the guitar DOES NOT line up with the bridge...so every time I want to change strings this piece will have to come off. Something that could have easily been avoided during assembly.

It's an '07 model. Dark blue metallic finish with a white pickguard. Maple neck, with an Alder body. 5 way selector, 2 single coil Fender pickups and 1 humbucking Fender pickup. Fender tuners. Came with a gig bag and a quick lock stand. The guy got it as a present. It was pretty much a brand new Strat I got for $300. Couldn't pass it up.