Standard Stratocaster HSS review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster HSS

This guitar suits my style of play, blues-based rock, very well. I play it through a Fender FM212 amp with a DigiTech GNX3 guitar workstation. Not noisy at all, has a rich full sound. I typically only play on the humbucker setting, though sometimes I will use the single coils when I I'm looking for a more "twangy" sound. I love the sound of this guitar, it is fantastic for almost any kind of rock and roll or blues sound.

Hands down the best value in Electric guitars today. Gibson makes the best quality guitars overall, but for the price Fender guitars are the best value! A quality instrument for a decent price. I've been playing for 33 years, and I own four other guitars. This one is the best overall. I can use it for Rock, blues, country, funk, anything I feel like playing. It may not be as warm as my Gretsch, or Twangy as my Tele, but it is close in both areas. I could only have one guitar for the rest of my life, this would be the one.

I've played this guitar on numerous gigs, one of which was on a rainey day in Wisconsin with a chilly wind blowing in my face. The guitar performed flawlessly, and stayed in tune. I've read some other reviews where the reviewer has complained that the guitar does not stay in tune when using the tremolo. I am doing this review to state categorically that this is NOT TRUE! If this guitar is going out of tune, it is because YOU ARE USING THE WRONG STRINGS! The Fender Vintage Tremolo is designed to work with Fender Bullet strings. Get 'em use 'em or quit complaining.

Everything was perfect, and still perfect, I haven't had it set up since I bought it. One minor paint flaw on the back, and for that reason, Guitar Center sold me this guitar for the price of a Standard single coil strat. The action was nice and low, and made it easy to play. It has a beautiful Midnight wine finish, I love to polish it and look at it.

My fat Strat was made in late 2003, purchased in early 2004. Standard frets (whatever, I never bothered to count 'em). Maple fret board, alder body, non-locking Vintage Fender tuners, Vintage tremolo. I never made any alterations, so it's all original Standard stuff, okay?