Standard Stratocaster Satin review by Fender

Fender: Standard Stratocaster Satin

Purchased from: flyingpig

The sound is amazing compared to some of the other standard Fenders I have played. I play a wide range of music (metal, rock, punk, western ect). Although the shape does not suit 3/4 of the music I play the sound is amazing when on an Marshall 50 watt DFX with an CryBaby and an Boss Super Overdrive. The guitar buzzes a fair bit when on one pick up selection but when 2 are on it is silent but I solved the problem with copper foil put on the back of the scratch plate.

This guitar is brilliant to play. It shows its true colours in blues and rock. Although I like playing metal with this guitar it to me does not have an raw enought sound by its self. The normal set up I tend to use it and Dunlop CryBaby wah wah, an Boss Super Overdrive unit and an multieffects Korg G3 on an Marshall 50DFX which had flager, chourus and delay. I have been playing for 6 years and I have only turned 15 this year. If it was stolen I would think about buying it again or save a bit and buy maybe a Fender Jaguar. What I love about the guitar is the classic neck with its smooth action and the brilliant sound of the pickups. What I hate about this guitar although my second favorite guitar to play is that I some times hit the selctor so I tend to have it set to the back pickup so it is not moved out of place and I prefer the tone of the pickup rather than the front. I corrently have 4 electrics and I would compare ti quite well to my Artisan copy of a 335 and the Squier Strat I have but I wouldnt say it was better than my twin necked SG made the british firm blues rock. The only thing I wish it had was locking nuts and better trem springs (the ones that came in ti from the factory) but other wise it is perfect.

Well I haven't gigged in at least an year but I would say it would kill live. The hardware seems to stand up well since it is brill in recording (since I'm trying to start my solo career). The strap buttons are quite solid but I prefer to use strap locks because most of my other guitars use them. I would depend on this guitar in an gig but I might have an back up depending on what style, how many gigs in a row I will be playing and for how long. The finish is amazing since I play very fast (mainly when playing heavy metal) and there is no sign of fretware or finish starting to come off.

The guitar was set up fairly well when it came from the factory although I had to replace the trem springs with tighter springs because they could not cope with the use. The pickups were agusted quite well I just had to set them up to how I like them. There was only 1 flaw with the guitar and that some of the screws were not in straight but othere wise it was perfect.

The guitar features a 5 was selector to get my diffrent sounds out of the guitar. 1 master volume and 2 tones controls. The guitar was made in mexico december 2005. there is 22 frets (for me that is perfect since I see not need for any more). The neck is medium thickness made for rosewood with medium size frets. The body is maple with a satin finish and is perfect standing up (nice and lightish) but equlay equaly brilliant to sit down with. The pickups are Fender. The tuners are Fender non-locking.