Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: Claude De Bussy Music

You can play blues, jazz or even hard rock. It suits many styles, unless you want to play Metallica. I play everything between Led Zep and Coldplay, and sometimes crank it up for some Offspring. It offers a multitude or sounds: rich, full, bright, crispy...name it, it's got it.

I've been playing for 15 years and this is without a doubt the best gear I've ever owned. The only other guitar I own is an Ovation Celebrity. If anything were to happen to my Tele, I'd instantly get the same one to replace it. I love everything about it, especially the bigsby tremolo, not only does it serve it's purpose it also gives the guitar a great look.

I believe this guitar is perfect for playing live, the hardware appears to be of good quality. The finish is quite thick and I don't expect to have much trouble with it. I don't anticipate having any problems playing a gig without backups.

The guitar was already well tuned at the shop. The action was great and the pickups didn't need to be ajusted and the bridge was properly routed. The only flaw on this guitar, as it is the case on many Fender's, the polyurethane finish tends to crack in the ears.

It's a 2003, Fender Telecaster with bigsby tremolo, assembled in Japan. It has 21 standard frets, thin maple neck and a rosewood fretboard. It has an alder tele body, laminated top with treble, volume knob and 3-way Switch. The 2 pickups are Vintage noiseless tele Fender's.