Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: american musical supply

I play a huge range of things from Metallica to Dire Straits, Led Zeppelin and even some Tool and Manson. No matter what if I tweak with everything I can make it sound almost identical to anyone. I also play with a Randall RG200 which might have somethin to do with it. I've seen pickup sets you could get from Fender to get rid of excessive noise when playing with high gain but I've never had any trouble with it.

My overall impression is very good. I looked at Les Pauls before buying this and I found that this is up there with them. I still love Less Pauls cause they are the gods of guitars but for the money that I spent for this I am incredibly happy with it. I have noticed one thing with all the chrome on it I do have to cleanit alot to get the Shine and get rid of my fingerprints. If you want a nice reliable guitar that you can play many stles of music on this si yours.

It's pretty durable. Every now and then I'll get pissed and I'll drop it then pick it back up about 10 minutes later and start where I left off at and it's still there with me.

The action on this is flawless. As soon as I got it I bought a set of ernie ball extra slinkys and I can play unbelieveable. I've found that I can play more intense solos with this than I ever could on my LTD EC-50. It fits what I play perfectly I love the look of the Telecaster because its different from any other guitar. It has its own distinctive shape.

This Telecaster was made in mexico it has 2 single coil pickups one for treble which is the bridge and the other is for rhythm which is the neck. It has one volume knob and one treble knob. It also honly has 21 frets which takes some getting used to when switching from 24 fret necks. The body is mahogony I think and the neck is maple with no rosewood.