Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: Merchant Street Music

I play blues, old rock and the tele suited me fine. It suits these styles manificently. The clean has a nice gentle low and a cutting high. The neck pickup will satisfy any of you tele fans and the bridge compliments it nicely with a sharper sound.

For the price I paid I'm loving it. Could of done with a nicer scratch plate which I did replace but apart from that I highly recomend to anyone wanting the old look guitar. Please ask about the scratch plate and strings condition before you buy. You could get a free pack of strings, you never know. I love its sound and look, hate its weight and the jack. If it were stolen id probably go into depression then after a while go right out and if I couldnt find my tele, its very unique. I'd buy another. I wish it had better fret wires.

This guitar is as solid as it is heavy. Its a 2001 and its still going strong with no dents, some minor scratches but nothing a good buffer wont take out. Nothings fallen off of stopped working and I would glady use it at a gig without no backup. Very dependable and its finish will last and I've really thrashed this guitar and its taken it.

Nothing perfect and the tele was no exception. It had nothing major wrong with it at all. The volume and tone knobs were both wobbly and need tightening, the scratch plate had some frayed and jaged edge which need some gently sanding. Its quite a heavy guitar but this benefits sustain which its got alot of. After about an hour of playing you really want to take it off. Playing sitting down with it in your lap is also uncomfortable as the tele's edges dig in to my body. Thats its main bad flaws. Its neck's really playable and once I got used to the smaller fret wires I really enjoyed playing my tele. I've also givin the tele a good few knocks and I'm very surprised to say it has no dents at all. Its bomb proof. The harmonics need setup and when the strings do snap, you will often notice its at the point where it passes over the saddle.

2001 Mexican Fender Telecaster. 21 frets, after moving onto this guitar from a Yamaha Pacifica I found the fret wire was thin and found barre chords very hard to do. Sunburst body with white scratch plate and maple neck. Came with hard case which was nice. The machine head's are great and make tuning easy and it holds it tuning very well. Getting the lead into the jack can be a pain in the a**. Its shaped pretty outwards and I've to feel before I put it in as so I dont cause unnessary noise.