Standard Telecaster review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: sound pad ,barnstaple N devon

This is great for getting a good trebly tone both pickups are full of brightness and its great for that chili peppers sound. When distorted the you can still here the notes ring its great for solos as it has bags of sustain. Only dissapointment is the neck pickup. It's far too deep.

I bought this guitar because I cant afford a 65 Telecaster like john Frusciante. But it's in my oppinion does great job.

Personally Tom Morrelo is a nut case if you take this on the road your gonna be spending all your earnings on this thing and not by spoiling it. I suppose it will be fine for a gig every once in while but not a tour.

The finish on this guitar is way too thick but the action makes up for it. I think it's just at the right height its low but not too low. One of the bridge saddles is at an angle but I cant tell if thats from the factory or from when I changed the strings.

I got a standard mexican Telecaster in june 2004. I thought you couldn't get thet much better quality than Fender (except Gibson ofcourse). The serial number is MZ3103618 but I'm not sure what year it was made in. Now I think it sounds amazing for the price but around 3 months after I bought it the tone knob fell off. It could happen to any guitar. A week later the jack socket became loose and rattled all the time. Now I think its a good guitar but the accesories need to stay put. I would reccommend this axe as a begginers next guitar but only Tom Morrelo can get away with it on stage.