Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: N/A

This guitar was perfect for me when I started getting serious and writing music. I was into more of a punky/grunge sound. The stock pickups give off a fairly loud hum through my amp (Marshall Valvestate 100w), but it has never really bothered me much. I'm heading in a new direction with my sound, doing more of a punk/rock thing now, so I'm shopping around for a pair of humbuckers to put into this guitar. I wouldn't consider buying anything else.

This guitar is going to be with me the rest of my life. It is my soul mate.

I have absolutely no concerns with playing gigs with this guitar. My equipment takes a beating, and holds up without a doubt. This guitar is no different. Sure it may have some cosmetic flaws from my careless use, but other than that it works just fine. I have no regrets purchasing this guitar, and would buy it again, even if I could afford the american model.

Everything was in great shape when I got this guitar. Since then I've scratched the finish up, and put a few dents in it here or there. My only problem is it doesn't stay in tune for long, but that can be fixed with locking tuners. No problems with the electronics, jack or knobs whatsoever.

This is a 2003 Mexican Telecaster. 21 frets, maple neck and fretboard, standard tele neck pickup and a angled single coil pickup in the bridge. One volume knob, one tone knob, and a three way Switch. I removed the knob off the three way Switch as it makes it less likely for me to strike it while I'm playing.