Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: Mars Music

I have very eclectic taste but mainly I play blues, funk, latin, jazz with this guitar. The tone is great the lead pickup is a big more bassy while the bridge is lighter. I think Teles arn't the best metal or heavier style of music because of the single coil pickups but for the music I play it is great. The standard pickups hummed at higher distored gains, volumes. The noisless pickups that replaced those took care of all humming. I have run this guitar through multiple amps for the cheapo my first guitar you buy at wal-mart to more expensive Marshall amps and it always gets the most out of what the amp has to offer. This is a really good wah guitar because of that tele twang. My friend has a $700 Ibenez (forget which model) he played my Tele and liked playing it more than his Ibenez!

This is a good guitar for the type of style I played when I first got it and have no regrets about getting it. Well to be honest the guitar I whished I had gotten was the 72 Fender custom tele and if this guitar was stolen that is the one I would get. The best thing about the tele is it's playablity. You get a great Fender without paying triple for the american variety. This is a great first guitar or anyone who plays with a bright tone.

I have had this guitar for about 4 years of home playing and have moved twice. The only thing that shows wear is the fretboard. When I first got my guitar the first chord I learned was Am so there are chips in the fret board from where my fingernails dug into it. The lamination is also wearing off.

Out of the box everything came set up great the innotation and tuning were perfect. The pickups were as they should be very little fret buzz but the action wasn't so high that it tired your fingers out quickly.

Lets see I bought this guitar in '01 and it is of the Mexican variety. It has 21 frets and the fretboard is made of maple. When I bought this guitar online it listed it as midnight blue, however it is actually purple. I replaced the standard pickups which decent with a pair of Fender noiseless pickups which are a step up.