Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: allans music

I usually play metal, punk, blues and just plain anything close to rock. Its' an awesome guitar and extremely versatile it even works for my metal and stuff going through the bridge pickup and I have figured out some pretty cool fx with it, the best being using a drill about 30cm away from the guitar and when on distortion this sounds like a lazer gun. I play it through a spider II 212 and yeah it rocks. then only thing I don't like about this guitars sound is the noise. I think my one came from the factory not earthed properly though as whn I place my hand on the strings or bridge the noise softens. besides that it's brilliant.

I love this guitar it is as versatile as a contortionist hooker it is my first actual guitar and I think it's made me a Tele man for life I only wish I had bought one with a humbucker for less noise with high volume distortion, my friends all own Ibanez's and were amazed that this sounds awesome when highly distorted and still sounds good when on clean (take that RG). If it were stolen I would find the person that stole it and steal his favourite posession and not give it back 'till he returned my Tele. Overall a lovely guitar even though my friends say you just pay for the name there all wrong what I payed for was a top class guitar.

This guitar is extremely reliable and even though I do gig I dont think I'm not going to take this guitar simply as I'm on a tight budget and I don't want to wear it out (I like swinging my guitar around my head) the strap buttons were ok but I have changed the over to strap locks as sometimes it would fall off (caught every time thank god) and yeah reliable guitar that I will try to make last.

Action was pretty much perfect from the factory and the neck is pretty thin compared with my old guitar the finish is flawless with no spots or anything close. The strap buttons are a bit hows your father as my guitar has fallen off a couple of times but hey nothing strap locks can't save. One of the screws in the scratchplate was missing when I bought it but it saved me 50 bucks so I'm not complaining. The output jack is coming a bit loose but that's okay all you need to do is tighten a nut so overall it came greatly set up from the factory.

05' Standard Tele made in Mexico, wine red finish two single coil pickups which to my surprise the neck pickup has a deeper sound than the bridge, spruce body and for a standard it does pretty damn well.