Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

When I first got the guitar, I absolutely loved it, but to me the stock bridge pickup was just lacking something. I chose to replace the pickup with the Duncan to get a fuller, brighter sound with more output which better suits the type of music I play which is mostly punk rock. To anyone who plans on using this guitar for punk rock, I would highly recommend considering the Hot Rails, you will be very pleased with its sound. I use a Marshall G50RCD 50 watt combo amp and the two together sound great.

I play mostly punk rock and with the Hot Rails humbucker this guitar sounds great. I also play reggae and ska type stuff and I've found using the two pickups together produces the best clean sound. I think the Telecaster is the best guitar Fender makes and I will be holding onto mine for quite some time. Eventually I may buy an American made one, but right now I am very happy with mine. I would tell anyone who has $400 to spend on a guitar to pick one up and play it, you will be impressed.

I just formed a band an we will be doing gigs very soon and I am confident that this guitar will hold up very well. I beat the hell out of it for hours every day in my bedroom and the worst I have encountered is broken strings here and there. It stays in tune through hard strumming and note bending and I have never had any malfuctions whatsoever. I say this again, this thing is built solid.

This is a very attractive guitar which is built solid. It has a Vintage look which I really like and I don't think I would ever change anything about the appearance. The neck has great action, it's a very playable guitar. People wonder why Fender hasn't contoured the body to make it a bit more comfortable like the Strat, but I like the way they have stuck with the original body from all the way back in '52. The parts are all of excellent quality as you would expect from a Fender, I have no complaints there.

My guitar is an Arctic White 2004 Mexican made Fender Standard Telecaster. It is unmodified except for the bridge pickup which I have replaced with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails humbucker. My previous guitar was a Schecter 006 which cost $420, unfortunately my exgirlfriend smashed it before we broke up. When I was shopping around for a new guitar on a $400 budget, I happened to pick up the Tele, played it, and I just knew it was the one.