Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

I play mostly punk and metal, but the standard tele is very versatile and can work with many styles. I use it with a Fender FM212, and the sound is amazing. When my band gigs, I always use it without the fear of it screwing up in the middle of a song (it is a Fender product, after all).

Once again, I play punk and metal, and the tele can play a wide variety of styles including those. I have been playing the guitar for 5 and a half years, and I own a Squier Affinity Strat, a Fender Precision Bass, a Fender FM212 guitar amp, a Fender Rumble 15 bass amp, and a 10 watt Ibanez something guitar amp that I naver use. I am glad I bought the tele because it is a great guitar, and if someone stole it, I would track him down, run him over in my car, then back over him three more times and of course take my guitar back afterward. If it were damaged, I would run over him three more times. I love everything about except the bridge problems I've been having. I compared it to all other Fender guitars before buying it (at least the ones in my prace range. If I had a thousand extra dollars, I would have bought an American Tele).

This thing will withstand live playing and more. The hardware is good quality, and I haven't broken a single strap button (I had bad experiences with the strap buttons on my first guitar, a Squier Affinity Strat). This guitar is quite dependable in a gig situation, and the finish is still very much intact after two years of borderline obsessive and nonstop playing.

This guitar has great action. I have had no problems with the pickups, but the bridge is a slight issue. I have had it adjusted multiple times over the past 6 months, and it still continues to deviate from time to time. The first and second frets on the first three strings sound dull and tinny at points, and that's when I know it's time for an adjustment. Aside from those problems, it's a great guitar.

Mine is an '04 Mexican Tele. It has 21 frets, but I'm not sure about the neck's exact specs. There is one volume and one tone dial, a 3-way pickup selector, one Tele pickup and one single-coil. It has non-locking tuners (which can get a little annoying, as the guitar gets out of tune if you leave it alone for a single night).