Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: Music Incorporated Dublin

Suits every range of playing other than heavy metal (which I hate). The tonal range is very wide you have the choice of a clean wooden sound comparable to an acustic to slightly driven sound of blues using a little gain to the more distorted full gain sound that gives one a real growling sound. I use a marahall 15 watt practice amp and believe it or not the sound is excellent I haven't got bored with it yet two years later. I have been playing for a long time and have used Vox amps and a Yamaha guitar and changed this guitar for a Strat and the I bought the Telecaster about year later. I paly anything from blues to rock to Dylan on this Tele it can do it all and with that beautiful Telecaster tone. The sustain the amazing for a guitar with a bolt on neck. This is due to the heavy body and the density of the alder wood.

If it were stolen I would get another one but maybe a delux nashville model with the extra pup. What I love about this guitar is its spectrum of sounf I actually love this guitar as well as my Strat I have all I need in electric guitars.

I would say this guitar would last for a lifetime. You may have to get it refretted but that is to be expected. But this guitar could take a lot of punidhment. However, like any instrument treat it with respect if you play it a lot don't forget to wipe strings after playing and ploish it at leat once evewry month.

Setup was excellent. I have read reviews wher people said bits fell off their Mexican Fenders this has not happened to me excellent. However, I plan to change the stock pups and buy the Fender noiseless beacuse of the high hum. Furthermore the rhythm or bridge pus sounds very low in volume. However this is only a slight modification and due to the low price of the guitar I can't complain. but I gave a 8 due to the pickups.

2005 midnight wine Mexican Telecaster. 21 medium jumbo frets. Maple neck. Solid Alder body. Standard Fender tuners. One volume and tone knob. 3-way pickup selector. Two stabdars single coil Telecater pickups.