Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: Muziker Slovakia

I play Frusciante-style rock music, it suits me perfectly, together with D`Addario EXL 110 it plays like butter, it`s great. I use it with Behringer X-Vamp guitar efect processor and Behringer GM-108 amp, the sound is excellent. It`s very noisy, there`s no problem with the volume, altough I'm thinking about buying some noiseless pickups, because I don`t really like the bridge pickup sound. It can make every sound you like, it`s ideal for any music style, no matter if jazz, blues, rock or funk.

The Telecaster is great for all music styles, I play rock and sometimes funk music, it fits me perfectly. I've been playing for nearly 7 years, and I'm fully satisfied with the features this guitar gives me. I use it with a Behringer GM-108 amp a and Behringer X-V AMP guitar processor, so not quite the most expensive equipment, but the sound`s cool and playability is amazing. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy a new one. When comparing it to Fender Standard Stratocaster, it`s heavier, so you have to get used to it, but the playability is better for me thanks to the maple neck in combination with D`addario EXL-110 strings, which suit me the most for my music style, so the Fender Standard Telecaster is definitely the No.1 choice for me.

I defenitelzy rely on this guitar because I have no backup, but I never had any problems with it, I play in a place with extremely high humidity, the finish lasts without a doubt (unlike the strings of course, which become rusty and dirty after a short period of time), I play at about twelve hours a week in high humidity and almost a year and it doesn`t seem to be worn off by now.

The strings were setup on the highest possible distance from the fretboard, it was too high for me, so I had to change it immediately, after I have set it up, it had no problems at all. The pickups were and still are properly adjusted, the sound`s full and rich. The packaging was OK, it didn`t contain any flaws.