Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

The Telecaster of course is pretty much the equivelant of that awesome grandparent Who comes over and always gives you one hell of a good time. It's old and while it may have been crafed in an earlier age, it's still survived the test of time and kicks some serious butt. It plays everything (used sooo much in country, too bad I don't like county); country, blues, jazz, blues rock, classic rock, hard rock, alternative rock, metal, r&b, and I'm willing to bet it works with hip hop (whenever it involves real instruments). I use this baby through a Fender Blues Jr. (Mexicans get along well), and tend to use a Double Muff overdrive/fuzz and a Crybaby wah. I also use the Blues Jr. without guitar pedals and use it's natural gain and it's spring reverb. Guitar always sounds great, no matter what effects you use on it.

I play the rock & roll, but I also play a lot of the softer stuff and classical on it as well. I've been playing without much of a break for just over 4 years now. If it were stolen, I would buy another one, after a good lifetime of crying in my sleep, as well as during the day. I love everything about this guitar. I hate that people feel it's not as great as it really is because it's a Mexican model. My favorite feature is definately the combination the maple neck and it's respected pick up give me when I apply just a little creamy overdrive! I compared it with several other options I considered buying based on what I could realistically afford. Those were; 1)Mexican and American Strat&Tele 2)Epiphone Les Paul 3)Gibson SG 4)Gibson Flying V and Explorer 5) Gretch and Epiphone hollow body electrics 6) a few PRS. I felt that this guitar was the best deal, and considering it was in stock, left hand, and the best priced option, I would have deserved a slap for rejecting the deal. I love this guitar inside out and am considering getting a 2nd Telecaster in the future (perhaps a 60s or 70s model). If you want a guitar that's affordable and incredible, go for it. If you, like myself have a hard time finding great left hand guitars that are well priced as well. I must highly recommend this guitar. Fender is overated, and this guitar shows off exactly why the company deserves such a high rating. If you can make guitars this good. I'm going to give this a 9 though, because I didn't have the option of getting any other Telecaster because of my playing hand. Make more models available in left hand!

Everything about this guitar is solid and durable. The hardware will last, and the strap buttons are mighty solid. I can depend on this guitar and wouldn't even think about having a back up for reasons other than somebody trying to steal this masterpiece. I'm left handed though, so it would be of little use to most people, so I guess I have nothing to worry about ever! The finish looks marvelous to this day!

The Mexican of course, is easily as good as any other Fender guitar out there. People are just racsist that's all. I've never had to make any adjustments besides changing the strings after they've died. I'll probably get it checked up after the 1 year anniversary of owning it (which will be May 08), just to make sure there isn't anything small that I'm missing.

I believe my guitar was made in 2005. It was made in Mexico (says so on he headstock). It features 21 maple frets on a maple neck. It's got your Standard Telecaster body and headstock shapes. It features a Tele style bridge of course, and the Standard angled single coil bridge pick up as well as the neck pick up (I believe they're called "soap bars"). It a simple control design with a 3 wat selector and features one volume knob and one control knob. My guitar is a left hand model and it came with a tobacco sunburst finish and a gig bag with tools and all the Standard little information/warranty booklets.