Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

I mostly use this guitar for playing country leads or blues but it can be used to play metal if you turn the tone knob down just a bit. I use a Line 6 Spider 2 75 watt amp and sounds good on the clean settings but can kinda sound to bright for metal and rock unless turn the tone knob down slightly. The sound is very bright and twangy good for country and blues. I use a Dunlop Crybaby Wah and it sounds good with this pedal and doesn't mess with the tone of the guitar and amp. It has good sustain and sometimes can be noisy on high gain settings.

I play metal, rock, blues, and country. This guitar is good for all types except I would suggest you use a different guitar for metal since it's not really meant for this style because of the tone of the guitar is too twangy and bright. I have been playing off and on since I was 10 and now I'm now 18 so I really don't know exactly. If this was stolen I would buy it again. I love the way the tone sounds for clean settings and I hate that it doesn't come with locking tuners, but I love the finish and blue pearl pick guard.

I never used this guitar live yet but I have jammed with so may times that I think it should withstand live playing. everything should seem to last. The straps are solid but I suggest strap locks. I would use without a backup but only for certain types of music for other styles I suggest a different guitar.

This guitar I assume came with 9-42 gauge strings cause when I cahnged the strings to 10-46 strings the strings were hitting the fret board so tried the 9-42 and the action was perfect for these size strings. the pickups were evenly spaced for a good tone. The only thing I think I should get checked is the Pickup selector because it fuzzes a little after you Switch pickups.

This guitar is made in Mexico. It has 21 frets thin neck rosewood fretboard and maple neck. Maple body with black laminated finish with blue pearl pick guard. Tele-style bridge passive electronics to single pickups one neck and bridge. 3-way selector. One volume, one tone. Non locking tuners (Fender) get locking tuners. Case, Strap, wrong size allen key for bridge adjustments (too small), and a manual.