Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: GC

this guitar is very versitile it can handle anything throw at it except metal as it was not meant for that. I play mostly rock but I like to play country, which this guitar excels in. as I said the bridge pickup is a tad bright but I planed on changing it any way with a Seymour Duncan hot rails. this guitar is also good for rythm playing.

I play rock and this is a good for it and many other syles. I have only been playing 2 1/2 years but I know a good guitar when I play one this is a good guitar. Iv'e played this through a Marshall jcm and my Fender Super Champ XD and it didn't dissapoint. if it was stolen I would find the bastard that stole it and steal it back for myself. I love the neck it's the best thing about it. only thing I wish it had was a coil tapping bridge humbucker, but I can't have everything.

I have not gigged with this guitar yet but I never go to a gig without a backup. before I play Live with this I will have to change the tuners because the tuning on this won't hold for a whole show. The strap buttons are solid on this but as I have with all my guitars I am putting straplocks on it. the finish seems pretty solid.

factory set-up was Standard so I had to adjust a few things, I like my action and pickups slightly higher. when I got it the neck pup was uneven so I had to adjust it. also there was a loose strap button no biggie.. I am especially found of the nutwork on this guitar. overall this guitar came with very minor flaws.

I have the new 08 model MiM. typical tele, alder body and a one piece maple neck tinted satin urethene finish. The absolute best part of this guitar is the neck, it feels like an american (I bet the ran out of necks and had to use americans; ) The stock pups are pretty good however the bridge is a little bright. the tuners are Fender ping Standard cast/sealed.