Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: Allegro Music

This is so perfect in comparison to my old Teisco. I can get it to make any sound I want. I have a Roland Micro Cube, and it sounds great even on the "R-fier" (high gain) setting. I love the brightness of the tele as it suits my favorites such as the Ventures.

This guitar is perfect for everything I play. At the writing of this review, I've been playing exactly one year (and advancing much faster then my friend Who has been playing longer). It won't get stolen or lost, because I won't let it be, but if it did get stolen or lost, I would definitely get the same guitar. I love everything, hate nothing. My favorite feature is the retro look and sound. I compared it to many different products including Strats, Epiphone Les Pauls, Epiphone Dots, et cetera. It's an absolutely Perfect guitar and a keeper for life.

I haven't gigged with it yet, but it is a very sturdy guitar, and everything seems like it will last forever. I don't have a backup guitar, so I would have to gig without one, but even if I did, I would gig without the backup. The finish is definitely good enough to last.

The guitar was perfectly set up right from the get go and the finish is spectacular. Action and pickups were perfect, and there were no manufacturing flaws. The neck, by the way, is the perfect size for my hand, being a relatively narrow c-shape.

This wonderful '08-'09 Fender Standard Telecaster, finished in Midnight Wine, features 21 medium-jumbo frets on a Maple neck and fretboard, Alder body, string-through bridge, and Standard Tele electronics and hardware. Included were the two allen wrenches and a gig bag which barely fits one small music book.