Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

I play a lot of Blues, Blues-Rock and Classic Rock; mainly Zeppelin, Beatles, Eric Clapton, Rory Gallagher. So this guitar suit's me perfectly. Currently using it with a Vox AD15VT and also at time my Cube 15.It sounds amazing with my amps.The neck pickup sounds wonderful clean perfect for chord work and clean passages, while the bridge pickup clean sounds amazing for Beatles work, bright and twangy. Distorted on the other hand the bridge pickup with my Vox actually has lovely sustain, perfect for ballad/sax-like legato soloing, and with the bridge pickup(messing with the tone) It sounds perfect rolling down the tone a bit can give you a good sound(yes Teles can handle distortion incredible well). The pickups can be noisy with distortion but then again they're single coils.In the end I find this guitar quite versatile; it can handle anything from clean to overdrived(Revolution- Beatles kind-of sound) to Zeppelin to Guns N Roses to modern rock, I find it perfect for my style too so I'm happy.

With The Music I play, blues, blues rock, hard rock; as I have mentioned before it is perfect.It definitely suit's my style and I just love it. I've been playing for 3 years owning a Acoustic(Yamaha F-310)and a Squier Fat Strat; mind you I have played other guitars borrowing from my friends, but I find the Telecaster is jsut what I've been looking for.If this was lost/stolen I would do anything to the greatest of my ability to get it back, if I really can't I'll definitely buy it again. I really love the neck of the guitar it's just perfect, maybe 22 frets would have been better but it's great. I believe this guitar is pretty much the same quality as a American Standard for half the price(lovely deal right there). Before purchasing this guitar I was considering actually buying a Gibson Les Paul Studio, but I found that this suited my needs and wants more so I'm perfectly happy with this thing. These are one of the thing that I will keep with me forever.

So far I haven't had the honor of gigging with it yet. I have been jamming a lot at school with some friends and so far it's perfect, I've had no problems with it at all. I believe the hardware will definitely last, yet again I've hadn't owned it all that long so time will tell. The strap buttons haven't failed me yet and has never gave in so far so they seem pretty solid. I can definitely depend on this guitar, it's sturdy, the guitar's hardware seems liek it will last me a long long time, and it's finish looks liek it will last.

This one that I got was a floor model so it had a few things that needed osme adjusting. First of all the neck had to be adjusted.The acton was also a little bit high, so I got it set to Fender standards. I also had the saddle adjusted too, same with the the nut which also had to adjusted. I also had a minor problem with my bridge pickup which was twisted but after bringing it in, it was set adjusted and fixed in no time at all. One thing I really have yo say about this guitar though was that it had a wonderful shave, slide you hand down the neck and you wouldn't feel the frets at all the ends were cut perfectly. The finish so far is still lovely and pefect, so no problems with that.

-Made in 2006 -Alder Body -Maple Neck -21 Frets, Medium Jumbo I believe -Tobbaco Sunburst Finish -6 Saddle Bridge -2 Single Coil Pickups (Bridge and Neck) -3 Way Switch -Your everyday Telecaster Body :) Well Thats Pretty much it, mine came with a soft case which was a good thing.