Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: MusicGoRound

I bought this guitar for the cleans, which in my mind are amazing, I play mostly punk rock music in a band, but my solo project is a more of a Soft Rock sound and this thing does that perfect. I've used this through many amps, but right now I'm using a little Fender practice amp, and I swear that it still sounds like a dream, I can't imagine it on a tube amp. Single coils though, are noisy if you're near other electronics, but I have a noise gate so it works out. While I do use this for my solo project mostly, my solos often use high amounts of distortion. I have used this guitar a few times for practice with my band and it had no trouble getting the punk sound I need.

Like I said, I play punk rock music, with soft rock music on the sides, and this guitar suits either style perfectly. I've been playing for 3 years now and I've owned a few other guitars in my time playing. I was very careful in picking out this guitar, and I got all the information I needed. If this guitar was stolen or lost, I would find the person Who took it, and murder them. Honestly I think this guitar is one of a kind. Eventually I'm gonna add some locking tuners to it, and maybe a bigsby. But for right now I'm pleased with it.

This guitar would last through a gigs for sure, especially now that I've added strap locks. The hardware will last as well as the finish. I could depend on this thing without a backup, which is good, because the gigs I play really don't have the room for me to switch guitars. The finish will last forever thanks to that polyurethane.

The guitar was set up perfectly, and the action was just where I liked it. I see no problems with the pickups or the finish on the guitar at all. This guitar was perfect at the store, and caught my eye immediately. The strings it came with were a bit dead, but that could easily be fixed with a fresh set of Slinkies.

With some research I found out that my tele was made in 2002, in the Fender factory in Mexico. It has a maple neck, C shaped, with a 21 fret maple fingerboard. Solid Adler Top, with a surf green finish(the only one I've seen in this color actually). Standard Tele bridge on this one, with 3 way switching One volume, One Tone. Two Standard pickups. Standard Fender tuners, no real modifications done to this baby. Also the one I bought came with a hardshell case included.