Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Well, I play all kind of music with this guitar: Blues, Alternative, Rock, Hard Rock, Pop, Punk, Metal (not Metallica, I hate them:@), etc. This guitar suites perfectly with my style. It fullfills my requirements about a guitar -which basically are sound and comfort-. I use it with an 8o's Marshall amp, and it really sounds great..! This guitar isn't noisy, it makes a bright clean sound, it's the best clean sound I've ever heard. Before I bought it I heard Telecasters sounded horrible with distortion, but this is a LIE, it sounds great with all kind of effects -fuzz, metal, distortion, overdrive, delay, tremolo, whammy, etc-.

I play above all things Alternative, but I play almost all kinds of music, so it's a perfect match for me. I've been playing for almost 4 years, so I have experience about guitar playing. I also own an Epiphone bass, and an Hohner Strat-style guitar, wich was my previous guitar. If it was stolen, of course I would buy again, but I would kill the thief if I found him. Well, I love the sound of this guitar very much, it's the thing I like most about it, and I hate... Nothing..! Ha..! Well, I compared it with an Epiphone Les Paul Studio, and an Ibanez, because they had a similar price, and I bought the Tele because it sounds a lot better, because it's beautiful, and because I fell in love with it. The only thing I wish it had it's a better case /: because it came only with a gigbag

This guitar absoulutely withstands live playing, it will last for a lifetime. Mmmm, the strap buttons are not solid enough if you run and jump and make crazy things, so I changed them. I depend on it, and I use it without a backup because I don't own another nice guitar. The finish is great so, yes, it will last. It's a very very reliable guitar, but if you are a big metal fanatic, I don't think it's your perfect match, but it's still a good one.

Well, it was nicely set up, the only thing is I had to adjust it a month later (you have to adjust a guitar at least every 4 months). The pickups where adjusted very well, I heaven't had any problems with them. The bridge and the top were also nice. It didn't had any flaws, the selector makes no noise, the wood quality was good, but I know american standard guitars have better quality wood. So it's not great but it's nice.

A 2009 Tele, made in Mexico, mine is blue -which looks great-. It has a thin maple neck, 21 medium frets. 2 standard tele pickups, a 3-way selector. It came with a Fender gigbag (I've got to buy a better one). Well, when I saw this guitar, I thought "If I don't buy it, I'll kill myself" and I made an effort and bought it, for me, blue is a great color, and this is the one of the best I've ever seen. Telecaster guitars have a very simple design, so many people don't like it, but in fact it's one of the most popular guitars of all time.