Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

I usually play a mix of mid-90s alt rock and Indie rock with some other styles thrown into the mix, and the Tele is easily up to any job thrown at it. I've even heard a friend of mine try it out for metal (with minor effects) and he was frustrated that this relatively cheap single-coil guitar could match and surpass any and all of his guitars that he'd spent so long fiddling with. The Telecaster has a kind of rare versatility that pays for itself time and time again. Just as a recommendation, if you're playing something with a lot of sliding, Switch to the neck pickup and set the tone mid-low and just listen. If that doesn't sell you on this guitar, I don't know what will.

My only complaint about this guitar is mostly a complaint against the Telecaster body shape, which is that I would kill for a body contour. The rounded edge of the body can cut into your ribs if you play for too long sitting down, but it's only just annoying and not painful. Next time you consider getting a new guitar, at the very least give a Telecaster a shot, regardless of what you play and what you're used to. I've let players from all genres take a test Drive with it and a good portion have bought one. This is a fantastic guitar that everyone is sure to find something good in.

This is by far the most sturdy-feeling guitar I've ever held. Everything is tight and solid, the tuners don't lose their hold with a lot of bends and there has been absolutely nothing changed with the truss rod after all this time, which is a far cry from my last few guitars.

This guitar is absolutely beautiful. At first, I was a bit hesitant about the color as it wasn't anything I'd ever expected myself to own before (I'm not much a fan of red), so I left the store and went home to come back another day. I ended up coming to my senses and buying it within 24 hours. Being a Telecaster, the body may seem a bit plain as it's mostly a curved plank, but if you can get past this you're sure to love it.

I got this beautiful guitar this last April, about six months ago. Mine has a Standard solid Midnight Wine body with a 3-ply white/black/white pickguard, and a maple neck and 21 frets. Everything is Standard about this guitar, stock pickups, stock bridge, stock everything. It may be completely Standard, but that doesn't make it anywhere near bland. I love the famous Telecaster versatility and twang and this thing outshines every other guitar seen alongside it.