Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: Nevada Music

I tend to play indie/alternative music and abit of rock also, and this can handle anything you throw at it, especially equipped with a better amplifier almost and tone can be achieved with the right equipment. Traditional tele twang which is nice and on the neck pick up the sound is crips and clean but when swtiched down the the bridge it can scream. Overall versatile and well suited to my taste.

Overall this guitar is perfect for me, after upgrading from a awful acoutic with a rather difficult action it plays like a dream, I love the Vintage style white finish and the tone I get from it. If it was stolen I would track the person down, Hurt them then either get a replacement or get it back! I also tried out the Standard Strat and epi les paul stndrd, but decided above all the Strat was for me, even paired with a crappy practice amp it still sounds so sweet! Couldn't think of another guitar I would want, apart from a american deluxe tele or Gibson es 355:) cheers x

Not had having this guitar long I can't comment on wether it would withstand Live play but I'm pretty self assured I wouldn't need a back up, the hardware seems solid and with some heavy gauge strings it could be a workhorse. The body does get chipped easy but put back in bag every time after play avoids this. Pick ups could be replaced for even further improvement but not exactly nessacery right now.

Nice action, very easy to play and instore quality matched exactly how it played out the box. Solid machine heads and strap buttons, quiet pick up selector, although the pick up on the neck did seem slightly loose but was sorted with a screwdriver! Nicely polished neck and nice Vintage finish ( arctic white ). It was also perfectly tuned out the box not that this really mattered,

Made in Mexico, 2008 Telecaster, 21 medium jumbo frets, maple neck & fretboard. Stock Fender pickups, and 2 tone nobs Tone & Sound. 3 way pick up selector Standard machine heads and non locking tuners. Alder body I think, came with a gig bag and a spare set of strings but the guy at the store wouldn't throw in the Fender strap!