Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: Hermes music

Oh this guitar suits me perfectly. I play lots of styles on different places, from blues to metal. This guitar goes from jazz to Indie on clean, with light distortion, from blues to punk, add reverb and you get surf tone. And turn to eleven and you get nice overdrive (of course, never expect high gain humbucking sounds from it) and yes, it buzzes a bit with distortion, but not as much as you would expect from single coils. Full sound, chords ring out perfectly. It's sound changes significantly with every small turn of the tone knob. Variety? I've already said it.

Hand in glove. It was made for me. I've played for almost six years now, and I own several cheap guitars. Now, I decided to move on to Fender. A wise decision. Quality, reliability, perfect craftsmanship. Guys at Fender are making art, just like Ferraris. I do miss humbuckers, but that's why I have other guitars. If it was stolen I'd kill that guy. I love it. It's perfect.

Definetely will withstand live playing, that is what it has been designed for. Hardware will resist all abuse. Strap buttons are really solid - I move a lot but I don't need straplocks (or even use them, as this voids warranty). I would use it without a backup. Finish will resist, of course if you scratch it it will wear off, but that just helps improve its beauty.

Totally playable out of the box. Pickups were adjusted correctly, finish was flawless. Intonation was set up perfectly, no fret buzzes. Pickups and electronics are durable, and knobs roll so softly... The Switch is so soft, even more than a Les Paul's. The neck feels so soft, so natural...

2009. Made in Mexico. 21 medium jumbo frets on a maple fretboard. Neck is maple, body is alder. Satin finish. Tele body. Tele bridge. Passive electronics. 3- Way pickup selector. Master tone and master volume knobs. Fender Hot Tele AlNiCo 3-magnet neck pickup, Hot Tele on bridge. Fender non-locking tuners. Padded and surprisingly resistant gig bag included.