Standard Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Standard Telecaster

Purchased from: Ebay

I play a variety of music and this guitar is by far one of the best i've ever played. It is verry versatile yet still keeps it unique characteristics. I have used it with by multi effects unit and it sounds good, it doesn't sound as digital as other guitars which is cool. I generally play it straight into my amp though, I have a Peavey valve king which sounds great, the cleans are unbelievably crisp and the heavier sounds also offer great tone and flavour. The only disadvantage is because of the pickups, they can get quite noisy with a heavy setup. I think a decent noise gate is needed if you play heavy stuff.

Overall this guitar is amazing, I think it's one of the best for the price range and can suit a variety of styles. If it were lost or stolen I would definitely replace it or get the american made one. I own 3 other electric guitars, I have an Ibanez guitar which cost around the same price but just doesn't compare to this. As I said, the only disadvantage I can see is the slightly noisy pickups. Other than this I would recommend this guitar to anyone of any level as it is built to last.

I play this guitar live with no backup, it's definitely a guitar built to last and all the hardware is solid. It stays in tune very well despite being in the gig bag for a while. The finish seems of good quality, I have dropped this guitar a couple of times and I was worried there would be a dent or scratch but it remained in good condition.

The guitar was setup before I got it, it was setup like new with Fender 9's strings. I did change them to 10's a little later and had no issues. It feels great to play no matter what style I pull out.

The guitar was made in mexico with fantastic build quality, it has 21 frets (medium jumbo) and they are perfect. The hardware and features are kept minimal which is great because it still gives that classic tele look. The thing is beautiful by the way. Mine is in arctic white and its also made solid and the finish has a nice look. The tuners and hardware is of good quality, it holds tune really well.