Starcaster Electric Guitar Pack review by Fender

Fender: Starcaster Electric Guitar Pack

I like to play rock to harder rock to worship to blues, and it suits this pretty well. However, I play nearly everything on the neck or neck/middle pickup positions as I can't stand the tones from the bridge. I also leave 2 tone keys in the 10 positions, I get a nasty muted sound from the guitar if I turn the tone below 7. The amp, which has an overdrive button, a bass knob and a treble knob, works pretty well with the guitar. I can't pull exact tones from it, but I can get pretty decent sounds.

The truth about this instrument is that beginners that have no money see a strat-looking guitar for $150 with all the needed accessories, and jump on it. This was my first electric guitar, and I bought it wanting to make those "cool rock sounds". And the fact is, it works pretty good doing that. If it were stolen, I wouldn't get another one. Though I still would recomend this guitar to beginners.

This guitar is reliable, I've had no problems with it doing what its supposed to do. I've played a few church funtions with this guitar and wasn't worried about a backup. The amp that came with the guitar is nearly as reliable. Strap buttons are solid(though the included strap isnt). I don't see anything happening to the finish, and the chrome hardware has kept its chromyness. I've dropped it a few times, ran into some walls, banged up the head a little bit and haven't noticed any differences. Note: The guitar comes out of tune quickly, probably because of the horrible tuners.

I've played this guitar out of the box since I bought it a year ago, and the guitar has done pretty well. The one obvious flaw was that the last 2 or 3 frets stuck out of the neck a little and the strings would catch on them, also the frets would cut your fingers. This went away with use though after a few months. The 1/4 jack has come loose quite a few times, and I've become accustomed to having it wobbly. I took the guitar apart once to tighten the jack and was surprised at how little saughtering was used on the cables, I could easily see one of them coming unconnected(though it hasn't happened to me).

I bought this in a mexican music store, though i saw the same pack for $150 on amazon. 21 frets. Strat body style. 5 way selector Switch with 2 tone controls and a volume. 3 single coil pickups. Tremolo bridge with a removable tremolo bar. Don't have any idea about the year or the wood types, made in china. The tuners are HORRIBLE! I own 4 guitars, and the tuners on this guitar are hands down the worse I've seen on ANY guitar. My kit came with the guitar, a gig bag, a sp-10 amp, some picks, a 1/4 cable, a strap, tuner, and a dvd. The cable shorted out, the strap broke, the gig bag digs into your back if you use the back straps, the tuner couldnt tune a bucket, and the DVD has 5 lessons and an advertisement for Fenders "real" dvd.