Starcaster Electric Guitar Pack review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 2.2 Junky
Fender: Starcaster Electric Guitar Pack

Purchased from: best buy

I play alot of metal and alternative rock, as well as alot of classical rock and blues.This guitar is awfull for pretty much every genre you would want to learn. So unless you're planning to use it for nothing but blues and extra-slow clapton licks, this is not the guitar for you.I'm a die-hard Megadeth follower, and I can't even use the guitar to play Smells like teen spirit right. The amp? Forget about it. That piece of shit SP-10 amp got me kicked out of a talent show (I was playing cliffs of dover)in 2nd place because the damn thing sounded so dirty.The clean side is extremely sharp and vague, while the overdrive channel is pure mud under the influence of treble and bass.I could never squeeze a decent sound out of that box unless I turn the bass off completely. Sure, you have a 5-way selector switch, but you only get 2 good nice sounds on it.This is a guitar with quantity, not quality, and for the price you pay, you can get a much better starter pack. I guarantee you, you will sound awfull on this equipment unless you have alot of prior knowledge.

Overall, the pack is a piece of shit.It made my first 2 years learning guitar a living hell. I struggled to make it work for me, and I was about to quit after 2 years because I could never get my songs to sound right. The amp is terrible, the gig bag tears into your shoulder and rips all the time. The strap won't last you a month, and the odds of you getting a guitar in the pack that you won't have to work on is very low. Amazingly, the cable lasted me a good year and a half before it committed suicide on me. So, In my opinion as a guitar player with 4 and a half years of playing experience, this guitar pack is not worth getting. I now have a VOX-vt 15, a Marshall half stack, 3 other guitars, and I am NEVER going back. So to all you guitarists out there, save yourselves eternal struggle, and don't buy this set.

The one good thing I can say about this thing is that the body is durable. I abused the shit out of it every day for 2 years(still do), and the tone hasn't changed much. Despite of it's poor sound quality, it will definately last you. I wouldn't use it for live gigs unless: a)you have no other guitars left b)youre playing backup or rythm guitar. c)youre only playing for a few friends d)youre Eddie van halen,who can make any guitar sound amazing. So to recap... Reliability: Ok Durability: Good Emergency backup: Maybe Live gigs w. backup: NEVER

The action was unbeliavebly high when I first got the packadge. There was also something wrong with the bridge, but my guitar teacher was able to fix it (after a good 30 minutes).Other than that, the only things I had to change were the strings.My Starcaster had a black and white finish, and you could fool others into believeing that its a Strat.However, STRATS ARE GOOD INSTRMENTS. Stars are chep knockoffs.

Place: China. Frets: 21. Pickups: 3 single-coil. Accessories: 1 Starcaster guitar (strat body,solid top,black finish,passv. elctronics,) 1 suicidal cable, 1 terrible strap, some picks, 1 instructional CD that teaches you 3 chords,then tells you to buy the full cd, 1 sp-10 amp, 1 gig bag, some tools, Overall price:Great Overall Quality:pure shit.