Starcaster S2 review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Fender: Starcaster S2

Purchased from: sams club

I play almost any kind of rock, classic, metal, punk. It works well. I use a DigiTech RP50 amp modulater but the only effect realy that I use is fuzz distortion. It sound great in all pickup and tone locations. For a heavy sound I will sometimes have to booste the bass on my amp to about 7 but that is the only amp adjustment I use to get a humbucking kind of sound. My one complaint on it's sound is the feedback. I know it won't be quiet based on the single coils but I have to use a noise gate, one of the fetures on my rp50 to keep it in control.

As I said earlier I play rock in all forms. It being a Strat style guitar fits my needs perfectly. I have been plaing for few years and play everyday for at least 2-3 hours. If my guitar were lost or stolen I would probably play on my accoustic until I had saved up enough money for an upgrade but still the Strat style. Something I love about my guitar is the tonal and styleistic verasatility. Something I hate is nothing but I would like better tuner. This is the only electric guitar I have ever laid hands on so I can't compare. On thing I wish it had was a high output humbucker in the bridge position for more versatility. Maybe I will install one.

I haven't play Live yet and honestly I don't think I'd use it. It goes out of tune easily after some hard strumming. I think the finish is week because there are some scratches in it that shouldn't be there. When I play standing up all I have to do is move a little and the strap falls off. also strings seem to break on it a lot I use.10s but.09s came on it.

When I took my guitar out of the box the 3rd fret on the 2nd string made o sound do to bad action. After a truss rod adjst ment and some string saddle adjustments it sounded fine. It was a relief because I realy needed that note to play stairway on. The only flaw I found on this guitar was the frets were not filed well on the bottom of the neck so it took me about a week to build up a calus on my hand from where I slide up and down the neck.

My starcaster was made in 200 in japan. It has 22 medium jumbo frets. The body is made of agathis and a Strat style shape. The neck is a c-shaped maple mith skunk stripe down the middle. The finger board is rosewood with mother of pearl dot inlays 3, 5, 7, 9, 15, 17, 19, and two dots on 12. There are 3 single coil pickups with Standard Strat 5 way swith. 1 volume two tone knobs. The finish is a black metallic. The headstock is the 70's style big size. It is equiped with a synchronous tremelo bridge and die cast tuners. My guitar came with a Fender gigbag and Squier SP-10 amplifier and guitar stand. All hardwhare is chrome. The tremolo bar also makes this guitar stay in tune for about 5 minutes so I don't use it and rely on string bends.