Starcaster S2 review by Fender

Fender: Starcaster S2

Purchased from: Sams Club

It sounds a lot better than most people would think! I play mostly rock and metal and it's fine for it. It can play anything from Metallica to zepplin to the beatles. I play it straight through my Crate GTD65. the pickups are kinda noisy but all single coils are noisy. It plays very well acoustically.

I've been playing for about 9 months now and own 2 electrics and an acoustic. this was my first guitar and it's better than any Squier Strat I've ever played! the only thing I wish this had was a floyd but now that I got a floyd on my B\.C\. Rich NJ Warlock I'm set! if it were stolen I'd prolly go to sams and get another one just like it. I love the neck on this guitar! I don't know what it is but it's just so easy to play! it's beter than any Fender neck I've played. I really do think this guitar is great after a few tweaks here and there!

This guitar is very durable. I have played it Live 2 or 3 times. I've never dropped it but it has gotten bannged around a bit! The finish is like an inch thick and was probably applied by splasshing a bucket of paint on it! The strap buttons seem solid but I mostly play sitting down. The only real problem I've had is that when I first got it I overtightened the tremelo bar and it snapped off and half of it was stuck in the trem block! So I put a new trem in it($23 from GC! ) and now it works just fine and stays in tune forever. Well almost!

from the box it was OK. Not sh!t, not godly. Just OK. It was my 1st guitar so I wasn't all that sure how they were supposed to play. Now I know. After a set-up and some Ernie Ball 9s it played like a dream! there are no real flaws in the paint or in any electrical. the only thing is that the bridge pickup tone knob doesnt't work at all. but that's not a big deal because I don't really need it.

Not sure of the year but it was definetly made in china! It has 22 frets on a maple fretboard. Not sure of the body/neck woods but they are very soft. The finish is a gloss black with a white pickgaurd. It is a Stratocaster copy that is made in china. it has a Standard style tremelo which I replaced because half the bar snapped off inside it! it has 3 passive single coil pickups that aren't that bad. 2 tone 1 volume knob and a 5way Switch. the tuners are pretty crappy but it IS a $100 guitar! It came with a 10w amp, POS strap, crappy tuner, and a gig bag. oh, and a dvd.