Starcaster S2 review by Fender

Fender: Starcaster S2

Purchased from: Target

This guitar suits my music style very well (my style is 80's metal and classic rock), the only amp that I have is the little practice amp that came with it, but sometimes I use my friends Peavy bandit 112, it is noisy on the lead guitar setting, it has a full sound, it can make a lot of sounds, the variety can range from heavy metal to pop.

I play 80's metal and classic rock, it is a very good match for those style of music, I have been playing for about 1 year now, there's nothing I would have asked before buy this guitar, if this guitar were stolen I would buy it again, I love that it has a 5 way selector, there's nothing that I really hate about it, I compared it to Squier and Fender strats, I chose this one because it better than the squiers nad cheaper than the fenders, there's nothing I wish it had.

This guitar in my opinion is more of a studio style guitar, it could withstand Live playing, but I wouldn't play with it live, the hardware on the guitar does seem like it will last, the strap buttons are solid, I could depend on it, but I wouldn't use it in a gig without a backup, the finish will last a long time.

The guitar was set up very well at the factory, I didn't have to adjust the pickups at all, the top was properly bookmatched, the bridge was routed very good, the only flaw was the harmonics but I fixed that in about 10 minutes, and the strings were kinda rusted but I replaced them, the only flaws about the guitar you could easily fix you self in about 10 minutes.

I don't know what year it was made, it was crafted in china, there are 21 frets, its a solid top, the neck and body are made of mahogony, the finish is satin, the body style is a Strat, the ridge style is tune-o-matic, its electronics are passive, theres a volume, 2 tones, and a 5 way selector, the tuners are non-locking, the guitar came with a gig bag, strap, tools, and tools.