Straight Six Strat review by Fender

Fender: Straight Six Strat

Price paid: C$ 330

Purchased from: Tom Lee

I play a lot of types of music. From open chords, to acoustic stuff, classic rock, alternative, to metal like Iron Maiden, mettalica and Megadeth. The guitar does well in all these genres it is a Strat after all. The single Atomic bridge pickup does well but I would like to change it someday. I play out of a 50 watt Peavey basic amp, and for practice I use a Line 6 spider III. I don't use much effects except for a Boss ds-1 and a Dunlop wah. The guitar sounds great out of both amps with effects or without. The guitar on it's own on a clean setting sounds better then you would generally think coming from a single pickup Strat. it's really up to you. The guitar is versatile which I like and as an 80's Charvel like guitar it can shred pretty well to.

As I said I play a lot of music. The guitar does well because it is a Strat. I can shred and metal riff, stairway, even play I'm yours and the guitar sounds great. I've played the Standard mexican strats and this guitar is practically the same I like the feel of it better and I love the lacquered finish. I still love les paul though and believe they are the better guitar but this is a great back-up guitar great for soloing and just doodling or playing around with. I'm impressed with the price I got this guitar for it was a steal. This is a reare guitar you can find online for $400 if your looking for a real good project guitar. If I could find this guitar at this price again I would highly recommend it. Fender makes great guitars as I said. There american models are fantastic and the mexican ones are right up there too for half the cost. Some of Fenders mexican models I would say are even somewhat better then Gibsons lower end models. Overall only time can tell how this guitar will play with age, but I believe it's a great guitar. Not a whole lot of features but plays great adn sounds great. You'll love this thing. Can't wait to customize it!

I bought this guitar as an intention to back up my Epiphone Les Paul Ultra and Jackson DKMG. it's doing a great job of that. Easy to use and such. Since there's not much features nothing is worth changing except maybe the pick-up and the tuners to match. This is the type of guitar I wouldn't be scared to play the hell out of and just shred like crazy, because it's affordable in-expensive and looks great as a relic or when it's beat up. Fender makes great guitar to last long and strats are some of the most durable. I haven't gigged with this guitar yet I have practiced with it, but I'm pretty sure it will last a while.

I got the guitar on display at Tom lee. The action was great better then when i bought my Les Paul Ultra. I needed to adjust the pick up a bit seeing that it wasn't close enough to the strings but either then that everything seemed fine. Nothing was wrong with the guitar when i got it. It was pretty basic as basic as it gets. my drummer thought it was more of an entry level guitar which it could be but still a great backup. I was thinking of a Danelectro as my backup but i think guitars made in china are nothing compared to fenders even the mexican ones. As for quality the guitar is good. Nothing rusting or fading that is i just got the guitar a couple of days ago, but i have been playing it in the store for a while.

This guitar was made in Mexico and as the previous review stated is a limited run guitar only 800 or so were made. it's a Standard Fender neck with 21 frets 9.5" fretboard radius, 25.5" neck scale. The neck is maple. It has a single Fender Atomic humbucker which I want to change to an EMG 85 or a Seymour Duncan sh-4. The guitar has a tremolo bar and a volume knob. Also it has a black lacquer finish. I'd like to sand off parts of this guitar to make it look somewhat like the new Fender road worn series. This is a great back up guitar or project guitar. If your looking for a guitar with tons of features or louder bigger sound this probably is the wrong guitar. I would give the features a 7.5. It doesn't have a whole lot of things going on but still a great guitar.