Straight Six Strat review by Fender

Fender: Straight Six Strat

Purchased from: backbeat music

I have owned at least 20 differnt guitars searching for a particular sound. I mainly write and play my own music when I'm not jamming with other people. I try not to stick with any particular style but I do favor blues, classic rock, electronica and bluegrass. Well I must say this guitar has everything I enjoy about mexican strats:tone, quality and durability. But what sets this one apart is how sensitive it is. It is just waiting for you to unleash its raw power! The first time I plugged it in at The Music store it blew me away! It was a monster full of rich biting tone when using distortion and almost bellike when using a clean channel. I love my Gibson SG and my prs Santana SE but my straight six has now been promoted to my number 1 axe. Why? With only one awesome pickup and one knob to mess with you are forced to go back to basics in finding the proper tone by means of exploring your amp settings and more importantly your own playing. This guitar will actually help in finding your sound since it forces you to actually try to find a balance with how sensitive the atomic pickup can be along with the neck and body combination. This guitar can do anything you want it to do. Bottom line there is no other guitar that sounds like it!

this guitar meets all of my needs. In the 14 years I have been playing this is the guitar I have been searching for. I own a Gibson SG Special, a prs Santana SE, a Squier fat tele, a 1983 Fender f-210 Acoustic, an Epiphone dr-200 and a regal bass. My amp is an old Crate GFX 2X12 solid state. With all that said the Fender straight six is fairly easy to find the right tone where as my prs se and Gibson S I have to constantly switch between pickups and cut down my tone knobs etc. But for some odd reason I am content with the atomic humbuckers versitle range and simple control. I guess simple is the middle ground between good tone and good looks. This guitar especially with only 800 or so made is a rare find. If I were to lose this guitar I would run out and buy another, if I could find one. Bottom line if you find one snatch it up, you will be pleasently surprised!

I think the straight six can stand on its own. If it is anything like my last two mexican strats it will take a beating and keep on playing like nothing happened, though the straight six just feels better built and sturdy yet light and easy on the back. If I was a gigging musician on a tight budget and I had to choose one guitar for the price range of 300-400 dollars I would choose the straight six and not think twice about it, because I know it will last and be very dependable.

out of all the guitars I have ever purchased (including other Fender strats) this one was srt-up perfect! Action was low and fast with zero buzzing, the bridge had a slight float but not too much just right, the neck was fitted like a glove to the body with no gaps, every inch of the guitar felt great. I played the guitar the first day I had it for three hours straight even using the tremlo bar semi-aggressively and only had to slightly tune it once. Unbeleiveable! The pickup was just the right height from the strings set slightly higher on the high strings and a bit lower on the low strings making it scream or sing to my liking. My only complaint may be the few slight scratches I already put on it but then again what guitar that gets played doesent get some honest wear and tear?

I just traded even a 2006 Epiphone Les Paul Standard for a new 2008 Fender straight six Mexican Stratocaster. It features a a super slim and super fast maple neck with med jumbo frets. A alder body with pre-cut chambers for adding a three pickup traditional Strat setup if the single atomic humbucker and single tone knob are not desired. Though as is it is a extremely excellent balance of tone, playability and simplicity not to mention quality.