TC-90 Thinline review by Fender

Fender: TC-90 Thinline

Purchased from: Mason's Music

This guitar has a very brassy notitiable sound of a Telecaster. It has a very good range. I'm using a behringer V-ampire right now and that will make any guitar sound great but even on the other amps it has a good rich brassy sound to it.

I play a lot of bluse it has the perfect sound for that, also it sounds ok for punk or metal if you can stand the look. I've only been playing for a year and a half so give me a break if I don't know every thing about every thing. Really if this guitar was stolen I would most definantly buy another. The only this I whish that this guitar had was the wammy bar.

You could play this for shows but really it seems more like a studio guitar. Don't think I'm saying that it's not duriable I take it to school it's stands up to what I throw at it but its not really a guitar I would take on tour with me. But, it is very dependable I love it.

The neck action on this guitar is awesome I've had a few older players ttelling me how good this one is compared to other Telecasters. The only thing wrong wit it is the tone knobs may come lose and just keep turning after you have it and use them a while. But other than that its is almost perfect its a Fender so if you like then you'll like this one a little better than the rest.

My Telecaster Thinline is a '05. This Has a f-hole and dual hambuckers. It really isn't like the rest of the telesasters. To get all of the looks and fetures you will just have to go look at one.

stratdud39
    thats completely untrue, srry but reeely it iz
    Ali-b912
    lorrythebassguy
    Ive just bought one of these, secondhand but PERFECT condition - hardly played. Has anyone got any info at all? i cant find anything!
    lozlovesstrats
    Jericho114 wrote: This guitar looks beatiful I even love the colours. I looked all over the net for the guitar but it seems to be out of stock, or discontinued. Does anyone know where I could pick a hollow body Fender or other quality brand, very similar if not exactly the same as this model?... Im looking at spending 1000-1500.
    closest thing to this now from fender is the ja-90, pretty much the same only single cut. its about 500 GBP so around 1000 dollars, if you are from america
    justin1287
    got one of these a year ago...the white one. it's the best guitar i have ever played...not only for sound and feel, but also for the fact that the look of it makes me always want to pick it up a play. i would probably pay over $1000 for another one if it were lost or stolen. korean collectable anyone.
    wigers will die
    guitarNbass wrote: inferi596 wrote: wow fender guitars usually don't do that great, just the basses. looks sweet though. ... your WRONG
    .... very very very wrong
    TOMMYB22
    if i ever got a Telecaster i would probably get a semi-hollow body, there awesome. if anyone can help i dont know much about pickups like ph-90's and the like so can someone say if this has humbuckers or single coils
    gagehow
    a friend of mine has a PH 90, and they are pretty similar as far as i can see, apart from the cream finish on my friends, and im not gonna lie, i hate every thing about the look of it, but those pickups are the heaviest things ive ever played. they just boom. my only complaint is that i hate the look of the pickups so much i wouldnt buy them.
    BlisteringDDj
    Ali-b912 wrote: oh wait sorry he said do. i though he said look. i need my glasses. a guitar doesnt just do one thing. a strat can do metal, you just need to find a sound you like. and if you cant then its not the guitar for you. but its not its fault.
    Yngwie Malmsteen
    Ali-b912
    i think he means the finishes. most fender finishes are solid colors. yes there are some sunbursts and the occaisional natural, but comparitvely les pauls have better finishes. except i prefer fender necks and the longer feeling body of a strat.
    inferi596
    sepaku22
    This is the best blending of Fender & Gibson qualities I have ever experienced. Its looks caught my eye. But it was the tone and the feel that hooked me. Unique in so many ways, and it can pull sounds out of its soul back to the birth of its parents. A true player will fall in love with this baby.....
    Jericho114
    intheflesh2525
    so i picked one of these up about a month back at a local music shop (luckily i had it on hold since December because i found out when i came home to pick it up last month that fender stopped making these...) when i brought it home it took me liek 30 seconds to find the perfect tone, pushing its sound through my hot rod deluxe. however, about 30 seconds later i noticed a terrible buzzing on the A&D strings at the fifth fret. when i took it back, they told me i had high frets,and that they had to be sent out to be fixed, so here i sit, guitarless... eh, well at leaste i still have my strat...
    Strat = Love
    calm down guitarNbass. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but i agree, fender instruments are nice. I like gibson a lot too, but they both are great.
    guitarNbass
    ... your WRONG
    Robert J
    Bought a White TC 90 4 months ago-had a Bigsby(fender)fitted and changed the machine heads to lockable.Must agree-the most amazing guitar I have in my collection.Have been using a David Gilmore Strat since 1987,never found the need to replace it-but ,This Tc90 is just amazing -I use a Hughes and Kett(warp7) with a 4x12 celestion cab -suits all my styles,Pop,Rock,Country and heavy Rock styles-must admit amazed at the controlled feedback from the Seymour Duncans vs P90's in my Casino.Great post-Thanx.